CAREER SUMMER PROGRAMS - 2017
for high school students
DISCOVER YOUR CAREER
A SPECIAL CAREER EXPLORATION PROGRAM FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Selecting the perfect career, while you are still in high school, is not easy for many youth. The conundrum of Professions, jobs & opportunities, new inventions and myriad of technological advancements, are rather confusing for many of our youth to decide which path to follow.
Multicultural Council of America (www.multiculturalcouncil.org), a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization, promoting World Cultures, Education & Healthcare since 2001, in collaboration with IAGD and other community organizations is offering the following comprehensive, up-to-date career-guidance programs & counselling service for the Multicultural Youth, providing you with:
- Pertinent information about most popular professions & careers of the 21st century.
- Overview of the job outlooks and opportunities (local, regional, national & international).
- Education, Training & Extra-Curricular activities required for some of the popular careers.
- Programs available at most Colleges & Universities in Michigan & Beyond.
- On-Campus, On-line or Hybrid Programs & approximate costs thereof, incl. Study-Abroad opportunities.
- College Admission Process, Advance-Placement Criteria, Transfers, Scholarships & Financial Aid, including SAT/ACT info.
This five-day comprehensive program will walk you through a large number of careers. You are encouraged to attend all five sessions. However, if you prefer – join us for any one or more sessions which are of interest to you. There is no discount for attending fewer sessions.
Distinguished Mentors and Professionals are being invited to share with you some of their insights, including a Question & Answer opportunity.
Deadline for registration is July 07, 2017. Classes are limited to 25 participants, on first-come-first-served basis.
Please contact Dr. Shakil Khan at 248-822-6000 by phone or text, to begin the registration process, and/or send your request to (firstname.lastname@example.org ) . An application will be emailed to you which must be returned completed with full payment to confirm registration. Application & payment can also be mailed or delivered to MCC at 41800 Hayes Road, Ste. 116, Clinton Township, MI 48038.
IAGD Farmington Hills/Canton or other location
1. Program - A ....at IAGD, 879 W. Auburn Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Mon. Aug 7, 2017: Health Professions (Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Hospital/Clinical Management, etc.
Mon. Aug. 14.......location to be determined (IAGD, Farmington Hills, Canton
Health Professions (Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Hospital/Clinical Management, etc.
2: Program - A ....at IAGD, 879 W. Auburn Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Tue. Aug 8: Entrepreneurship, Management, Business & Financial Occupations, including Developing, Operating & Management of Non-Profit Organizations & Legal Professions.
2. Program-B: location to be determined (IAGD, Farmington Hills, Canton,etc
Tue: Aug. 15:
Entrepreneurship, Management, Business & Financial Occupations, including Developing, Operating & Management of Non-Profit Organizations & Legal Professions.
3. PROGRAM-A....at IAGD, 879 W. Auburn Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Wed. Aug. 09: Engineering & Technology Professions, including Biotechnology, Software Development, etc.
Program-B: Wed. Aug. 16: location to be determined (IAGD, Farmington Hills, Canton, or other location)
Engineering & Technology Professions, including Biotechnology, Software Development, etc.
4: PROGRAM-A....at IAGD, 879 W. Auburn Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Thu. Aug. 10: Psychologists, Sociologists, Economists, Teachers, Social Workers, and other professions
Program-B: Thur. Aug. 17: Location to be determined (IAGD, Farmington Hills, Canton or other location)
Psychologists, Sociologists, Economists, Teachers, Social Workers, and other professions
5: PROGRAM-A....at IAGD, 879 W. Auburn Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Fri: Aug. 11: Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences & Misc. Exciting Careers
Program-B: Fri. Aug. 18. Location to be determined (IAGD, Farmington Hills, Canton or other location)
Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences & Misc. Exciting Careers.
Tuition Fee: $250.00 per person. Registration Fee: $25.00 (non-refundable)
* Siblings, Parents or others wanting to attend these sessions, together with a student, must also register and pay the reduced tuition of $200.00 per person.
- Program-A will be held at the IAGD facility in Auburn Hills, MI. from 10am-4pm. Lunch is NOT included.
- Program-B will be held either at IAGD or in Farmington Hills, Canton or other location, including at MCC campus, depending upon the registrations.
- Morning sessions include introduction, information, hand-outs, and Q &A. Afternoon sessions include presentations by Mentors & distinguished Professionals, and Q &A.
- We reserve the right to change schedule, cancel one or both programs, or transfer registration from A to B or B to A, in case of less than, or higher than expected registration. No refund for no shows, missed sessions or after the first class begins. Full refund if program(s) are cancelled by the Multicultural Council of America.
- Certificates will be awarded at the Graduation Ceremony on Friday, August 11 & 18, 2017 at 5.00pm.
- Special one-on-one private counselling programs may be available by special request.
CAREER SUMMER CAMPS REGISTRATION - 2017
MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF AMERICA
41800 Hayes Road, Ste. 116, Clinton Twp., MI 48038
Tel: 248-822-6000 or 586-573-7300
Email:_______________________________________________________ Date of Birth:____________________
□ High School – Grade_________ □ Graduated in_________ □ In College □_________________
□ Career(s) of interest: Please mark all that apply and/or give details of your interest
□ Health Profession:________________________________________________________________________
□ Entrepreneurship, Business Administration_____________________________________________________
□ Engineering Profession:____________________________________________________________________
□ Legal Profession:_________________________________________________________________________
□ Arts, Humanities:_________________________________________________________________________
□ Not sure yet, but may be_____________________________________________________________________________
□ Sibling Being Registered for this program:_____________________________________________
□ I am a Parent (name of student being registered for this program:___________________________
* A separate completed form is required for each student, sibling and/or parent.
Please send this completed Registration Form by email, together with full payment (Registration Fee of $25 non-refundable for each applicant plus $250 for student & $200 for each sibling and/or parent), to the Multicultural Council of America, 41800 Hayes Road, Ste. 116, Clinton Township, MI 48038. Payment can be made by PayPal or by check.
Upon receipt of the completed form and payment, the Multicultural Council of America will confirm your registration by email, and/or a text message.
I understand and Agree that the Multicultural Council of America reserves the right to change schedule, cancel the program or transfer registration. There is no refund for no show, missed sessions or after the first class begins. Full refund will be provided if the Multicultural Council cancels the program.
The payment of $_____________ is being sent by □ PayPal □Check
Date:__________________ Signature of student____________________________________________
Date:__________________ Signature of parent(s)______________________ ___________________